Login to Make a Comment
The Best of Both Worlds!! ★★★★★
By Siddhartha Mahato on 16 Apr 2019
This watch is GREAT! I've had an Apple Watch for quite a while now, and for me this watch working out very well. The main points I feel are important are:
* It looks more "professional" and high-quality than most smartwatches. People don't even realize it has smart capabilities, and when you show them, they're very surprised.
* It's quite large in diameter, though about the same thickness as a comparable "dumb" watch. If you like "chunky" watches, you'll love this, but probably not for people with smaller wrists.
* It's a real stainless steel watch, so it's comparably heavy - especially when coming from another smartwatch.
* It doesn't have a heart rate monitor like the Apple Watch, nor can you read or respond to texts.
* It doesn't overwhelm you with extra notifications that you don't care about, but it vibrates when you receive texts or certain app notifications.
* The Fossil app was very easy to use. Setup and configuration is easy.
Overall I'm loving this, and see myself buying more "hybrid" smartwatches. I like the notification features, don't care so much about the fitness tracking features, and prefer the look and feel of a "real" watch over most smartwatches that are available. This is definitely a representation of the best of both worlds!